Sunday, December 19, 2010

Samsung UN55B8000 55-inch 1080p 240 Hz LED HDTV


By the manufacturer
(May 30, 2009)
Redefining the standards for display quality, energy efficiency and home entertainment decor, deliver the Samsung 8000 series LED HDTVs unparalleled image quality and improved connectivity with the also help your carbon footprint with to reduce consumption of the LED screen. Use of light-emitting diodes (LEDs) as its primary Lichtquelle--rather than traditional cold cathode fluorescent lamps (CCFL)-this cutting edge HDTV offers the advantages of a ultra high contrast ratio and a slim depth that allows for a more artistic design.

To fight motion blur and image Rahvin, the plague LCD displays when viewing fast movement on the screen, this 8000 uses series LED HDTV Samsung's auto motion plus frame interpolation technology with a Ulatra fast 240 Hz refresh rate-four times that of the other TV. It boasts high dynamic contrast ratio, complemented by the soil break LED light source.

The 8000 series features Samsung's new Internet @ TV online content service. Developed with Yahoo!, used Internet @ TV, either wired or wireless Ethernet connection access to content on the screen from Yahoo!, Flickr, YouTube and more with the touch of a button. Run the widget-based interface and scroll bar along the bottom of the screen for easy browsing of the latest applications and content. And this HDTV is accented by Samsung's TOC (touch of color), which offers a touch of a translucent color at the edges of the unit for a uniquely stylish look.

Customer review
Surprising clarity, detail and color, May 31, 2009
By Mike (Orange County CA)

Had my Samsung UN55B8000 TV a few weeks now. It has more than lived up to the hype. Hooked it up and put on a Blu-ray disc. The delivery guy's pine abandoned and supplied / set hundreds of TV.

TV is only half dick and only weighs 60 pounds or so.

It is in fact, sometimes almost too good. When you view people on HD, you can see every little Mole, scar, wrinkles, stray hair, make-up, five O' clock shadow, makeup line, etc.. I'm sitting here watching the news and I can clearly see little bits of lint on the guy's black suit. I guess the talking of heads are tomorrow to have much better colour all go.

If you want to tweak to your TV this one offers a lot of various controls. There are already some sites who consider what tweaks good to maximize the PIC. You can for the B7000 tweaks search. Looks damn fantastic right out of the box so take care if you not a techie, not a question.

Soundsnicht particularly good or bad, but I will not TV speakers, space anyway. If you're going to spend that kind of money for a television, use your stereo system.

Some reviewers complained about the number of inputs. Again, how many is enough. I run my PS3, Xbox360, IPOD and the dish field by my Denon and so I use a HDMI.

You can connect it to the Internet. No set-up, easy plug in. First thing it did was 12 updates download. Have no idea what you were doing but... no problem. It automatically loads some Yahoo widgets. Fun... but not try something, what I really gone and back much used. Also has some content... built, recipes, artwork, etc., I have not bothered to look at.

You can view plug in USB drives and content directly from the drive.

I got rid of long ago my roof antenna. I bought a small Turk indoor antenna and plugged in so I can pop over wireless signals and television. It will automatically search and find the on air channels. It loads a kind of TV Guide from the Internet for the channels that it finds.

I also wanted to see if it was the signal from dish degradation. I noticed the HD deterioration with dish, the I with Comcast. The manner, Comcast HD packaged signals you could see a real difference between OTA and packed images.

Samsung offers software that allows you to use your PC as a server. Then your pictures, music, view etc. on your TV. Took a little playing around but was easy compared to some of the others I've tried to use.

I have played games with my PS3 and the Xbox360. No problems. No pixelating. Bothered TV game mode switch. I have deceived with 240 Hz function to. I leave it on standard.

I am sure there are other features I have not tried. With the ability to update itself via the Internet, I have no doubt, be it even more amazing tricks to teach.

I got my Harmony 880 per set up to control all my devices including the IPOD. IPOD menu/Info appears on the TV screen (through my Denon).

All of the above features are great, but the main thing is... the picture is just absolutely mind-blowing wonderfully.

So, fantastic TV. I am very happy with it. Obviously, I recommend it.

You can find our more @ UN55B8000 Samsung 55-inch 1080p 240 Hz LED HDTV


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment